The Show Garden Competition of Seoul International Garden Show 2020 is a festival for people around the world to spread garden culture, introduce new garden trends, and discover creative garden design. We look forward to many garden designers' participation.
○ Any experts and professionals of relevant fields from Korea and abroad.
○ The maximum number of participants in a team is 2, and either one of the two should be designated and registered as a representative, who has a right to submit and receive the documents related to this competition, and obtain and abandon authorities.
○ Following tasks should be carried out by selected team.
- A garden has to be actually constructed based on the selected design.
- A garden has to be maintained and managed throughout the show.
- An opening ceremony and major events during the show should be attended by one or more members.
○ A collaborative work with a company is allowed, but the company cannot become a representative.
○ As there is a chance that the entry of overseas participants into South Korea might be restricted by unavoidable reasons(eg. COVID-19, etc), it is necessary to form a consortium with local businesses for construction. And if a participant living outside South Korea who is chosen in the initial screening process asks for an arrangement with a construction company, the supervisor can recommend one. (It is advisable to participate in the competition, cooperating with local designers.)
○ Event Title: Seoul International Garden Show 2020; SIGS 2020
○ Date: October 8th(Thu) ~ 18th(Sun), 2020, 11 days
○ Venue: District around Seoullo 7017 and urban regeneration area(Jungnim-dong, Malli-dong)
○ Competition Title: Show Garden Competition of Seoul International Garden Show 2020
○ Theme: Link Garden, Think Life
○ Venue: Son Gi Jeong Park(101 Songijeong-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul)
○ Area: 5 locations, approx. 150㎡ per site
○ Garden Type: Gardens which will be maintained on the site after the show.
○ Budget per site: 45,000,000 KRW
Announcement Period: June 12th, 2020 (Fri) ~ July 17th (Fri), 36 days
Q&A: June 22nd, 2020 (Mon) ~ June 24th (Wed) Inquiries to be registered June 30th, 2020 (Tue) Questions to be answered
Submission: July 15th, 2020 (Wed) ~ 17:00 July 17th (Fri) (by E-mail)
Initial Screening(documentation): Judge: July 24th, 2020 (Fri) ※5 teams to be selected Result: July 29th, 2020 (Wed)
Garden Construction: mSeptember 7th, 2020 (Mon) ~ October 6th (Tue), 30 days
Second Screening(onsite): Ranking decision: October 6th, 2020 (Tue) Result: October 8th, 2020 (Thu) Opening & Award Ceremony
Garden Exhibition: October 8th, 2020 (Thu) ~ October 18th (Sun)
12,000,000 KRW (Gold prize: 1 team),
4,800,000 KRW (Silver prize: 1 team),
2,400,000 KRW (Bronze prize: 3 teams)
Landscape Architecture Korea Inc. email@example.com ☎ +82-2-521-4626
Landscape Planning Division, Seoul Metropolitan Government ☎ +82-2-2133-2112